Kanchan Nepal is an NGO based in Pokhara founded in 2008 provides technical support and management advice to district and VDC-based initiatives in water supply and sanitation in several districts in the Western Region.
Its staff has gained expertise in government programs implemented by the Ministry of Local Government and the Department of Water Supply and Sanitation, and as practitioners in WASH and water resources management for agencies such as Helvetas and UNICEF. It has supported World Vision International in the Kaski district, the World Health Organization in the promotion of water safety plans in the Western Region, works with the DDC-Kaski on promoting total sanitation, and assists in the promotion of rainwater harvesting.
Currently, Kanchan Nepal is associated with International Rainwater Harvesting Alliance (IRHA), Geneva to implement RAIN COMMUNITIES Project, supported by Puplinge Commune, Repuplic and Canton of Geneva and 1% for Development Fund.
Blue Schools Program in Nepal since 2013. KN has also provided technical assistance to Foundation Tashi Delek Nepal in Solukhumbu District to upgrade rural water supply schemes in 2016.
Two activities on rainwater harvesting are undergoing in Chitwan. One Rainwater Harvesting Project has undergone in collaboration with Nepal Benefit Aalsmeer, Netherlands, and another rainwater harvesting activity through Water and Sanitation Project in partnership with Rotary Club of South Patan at Majgaun S School. Together with this project roadside public toilet is also under construction.
REGISTRATION & AFFILIATION
Registration Number: 2045/065, District Administration Office, Kaski
Affiliation Number: 26107, Social Welfare Council, Kathmandu
PAN Number: 303754569, Inland Revenue Office, Pokhara
- 2008-2011 – WATSAN (Water & Sanitation) Partner for WVIN (World Vision Int’ Nepal) in Kaski District
- ODF Campaign- Lead in Sildujure VDC and some ward of Lekhnath Municipality (6 & 7 wards)
- Implementation of Total Sanitation concept on 2 VDC of Kaski (With the support of DWSS/WHO)
- Provided technical supports by KN Associates at Thulopkha and Chhoplyang of Bharatpokhari VDC, Kaski supported by Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany/ GIZ in collaboration with NBPA/FECOFUN/DEEU/DDC Kaski
- 2013-2014 – Blue Schools Program, Rainwater harvesting project in four schools of Kaski District
- Sept 2016-Dec, 2016 –Improvement of Water Schemes from Solukhumbu District in partnership with Foundation Tashi Delek Nepal/Netherland
- 2016 – Conducted 7 days residential VMSW (Village Maintenance and Sanitation Worker) with the support of RMSO (Regional Monitoring and Supervision Office), Pokhara-2016
- 2018 – Blue Schools Program in Kaski
- 2018-2019 – Water and Sanitation Project in Chitwan in collaboration with Rotary Club of South Patan, Kathmandu
- 2018-2019 – Rainwater Harvesting Project at Tobang, Chitwan in partnership with SVSI and Nepal Benefit Aalsmeer, Netherlands
- 2019-2021 – Watershed Project, Integrated Water Resource Management, Kaski in partnership with International Rainwater Harvesting Alliance (IRHA), Geneva