Kanchan Nepal is a NGO based in Pokhara founded in 2008 provides technical support and management advice to district and VDC based initiatives in water supply and sanitation in several districts in the Western Region.
Its staff have gained expertise in government programmes implemented by the Ministry of Local Government and the Department of Water Supply and Sanitation, and as practitioners in WASH and water resources management for agencies such as Helvetas and UNICEF. It used to supports World Vision International in Kaski district, the World Health Organization in the promotion of water safety plans in the Western Region, works with the DDC-Kaski on promoting total sanitation and assists in the promotion of rainwater harvesting.
Currently KN is associated with International Rainwater Harvesting Alliance (IRHA), Geneva to execute Blue Schools Program in Nepal since 2013. KN has also provided technical assistance to Foundation Tashi Delek Nepal in Solukhumbu District to upgrade rural water supply schemes in 2016.
Two activities on rainwater harvesting are undergoing in Chitwan. One Rainwater Harvesting Project has undergoing in collaboration with Nepal Benefit Aaslmeer, Netherlands and another rainwater harvesting activity through Water and Sanitation Project in partnership with Rotary Club of South Patan at Majgaun S School. Together with this project roadside public toilet is also in under construction.
REGISTRATION & AFFILIATION
Regd. No.:2045/065, District Administration Office, Kaski
Affiliation No.:26107, Social Welfare Council, Kathmandu
Pan No.: 303754569 , Inland Revenue Office, Pokhara
- 2008-2011 –WATSAN (Water & Sanitation) Partner for WVIN (World Vision Int’ Nepal) in Kaski District.
- ODF Campaign- Lead in Sildujure VDC and some ward of Lekhnath Municipality (6 & 7 ward)
- Implementation of Total Sanitation concept on 2 VDC of Kaski. (With the support of DWSS/WHO)
- Provide technical supports by KN Associates at Thulopkha and Chhoplyang of Bharatpokhari VDC, Kaski supported by Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany/ GIZ in collaboration with NBPA/FECOFUN/DEEU/DDC Kaski.
- 2016(Sept-Dec)-Improvement of Water Schemes from Solukhumbu District in partnership with Foundation Tashi Delek Nepal/Netherland.
- 2013-14-Blue Schools Program-Rainwater harvesting project in four schools of Kaski District.
- Conducted 7 days residential VMSW (Village Maintenance and Sanitation Worker) with the support of RMSO (Regional Monitoring and Supervision Office), Pokhara-2016
- Improvement of Water Schemes from Solukhumbu-2016 (4 months) worked as technical partner.
- 2018, Blue Schools Program in Kaski
- 2018-2019, Water and Sanitation Project in Chitwan in collaboration with Rotary Club of South Patan, Kathmandu
- 2018-2019, Rainwater Harvesting Project at Tobang, Chitwan in partnership with SVSI and Nepal Benefit Aaslmeer, Netherlands
- 2019-2021, Watershed Project, Integrated Water Resource Management, Kaski in partnership with International Rainwater Harvesting Alliance (IRHA), Geneva.